Occidental College, Los Angeles – BS
University of Southern California Gould School of Law – JD
· • Managing Editor, Southern California Law Review
Robert J. Odson is one of the founding partners of Shumener, Odson & Oh LLP. Through over 25 years of practice as a litigator, Mr. Odson is experienced in all phases of litigation including pretrial, trial and appellate litigation.
Mr. Odson focuses his practice in complex business litigation, real estate litigation and workout of distressed debt. He represents financial institutions, private equity funds, developers and major corporations in a wide range of matters including joint venture and partnership disputes, real property disputes, lender liability and problem loan disputes, fraud claims, breach of contract claims, and adversary proceedings in bankruptcy.
Southern California Super Lawyer in 2005-2007, 2011, 2013-2018
Rising Star in 2004
- Prevailed in a three week jury trial in Orange County Superior Court resulting in verdict in an amount exceeding $9.1 million.
- Prevailed in a two week bench trial in Los Angeles Superior Court resulting in a complete defense of plaintiff’s claims under a $13 million contract.
- Prevailed in a three-week judicial reference trial at JAMS Endispute resulting in an award of $16.2 million in damages.
- Prevailed in a AAA arbitration of joint venture dispute resulting in an award rejecting the claimant’s claims and awarding damages exceeding $1.1 million on the client’s counter-demand.
- Prevailed in an appeal of a $16.5 million judgment resulting in a published decision entitled Gray1 CPB, LLC v. Kolokotronis, 2011 WL 6013026 (Cal. Ct. App. Dec. 2, 2011).
- “Consumer Protection: The New Unfair Competition Rules,” California Lawyer, Vol. 25 (Feb. 2005)
- “Breaking Up is Hard to Do,” Los Angeles Lawyer (January 2009)
- “Boilerplate Breakdown,” Los Angeles Lawyer (January 2015)